Quien es Hermana Greene

My name is Katelyn, and I was born and raised in the beautiful little town of Manti Utah. I love the Mountains, pink, dancing, Mexican food and hot chocolate.

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Mesa Arizona, and I am loving every minute of it.

I know our Savior lives and that he loves us, and that his atonement is eternal.

Friday, January 23, 2015

January 23, 2014

Dear Sister Greene:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in Arizona Mesa Mission. In addition to your calling to share the gospel, you will be assigned to serve in the Mesa Arizona Temple Visitors' Center in the Spanish Language. You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, April 30, 2014. You will prepare to preach the Gospel in the Spanish language.


Hace un año, recibi mi llamamiento misional! Recuerdo que yo habia estado esperando todo el mes para recibirlo. Yo recibi una llamada de la Oficina de Correo Postal esa mañana a las 6:45, y ellos me dijeron que mi llamamiento llego! Yo corri de mi casa lo mas rapido que pude para traerlo!

ONE YEAR AGO.... On January 23, 2014, I received my mission call! I remember I had been waiting all month for it to come. I received a phone call that morning at 6:45 from the Post Office saying that my call had arrived! I ran out of my house as fast as I could and went and picked up my call.

Let's be honest... I was shaking and crying a little... I was so excited! I couldn't believe that the day that I had been waiting for had finally come, and I was going to find out where the Lord had planned for me to go.

I had to wait until 7 that night to open it... The whole day I was antsy and thinking in my mind where in the world I would be going!

Cuando recibi mi llamamiento, senti el espiritu tan fuerte, y supe que habia sido llamada al lugar que yo necesitaba estar.

FINALLY, the time came for me to open my call. Everyone that I loved was with me. I was shaking so badly that I almost couldn't open it- I know, it sounds pretty dramatic.

Right when I read where I was supposed to go, I had an overwhelming assurance that this was the right place for me to go. I felt so happy, and as if the Savior was standing there with me. The feeling was indescribable!

"Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation."
Doctrine and Covenants 31:3

I am so grateful that the Lord trusts me to be here. How can I not be happy, when I know that I am serving my Savior! I am so grateful for the Gospel, and for this wonderful opportunity that I have to share it with others!


No comments:

Post a Comment