Quien es Hermana Greene

My name is Katelyn, and I was born and raised in the beautiful little town of Manti Utah. I love the Mountains, pink, dancing, Mexican food and hot chocolate.

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Mesa Arizona, and I am loving every minute of it.

I know our Savior lives and that he loves us, and that his atonement is eternal.

Friday, January 16, 2015

Finding joy

Hello all! Well, to start off...


I am serving a mission in Mesa Arizona, speaking Spanish! I also serve in the Mesa Temple Visitors' Center. I have been out here for 8 months now. And I LOVE it! Some people think... "Mesa? Really? That's not very far from your home." 
Well, it's true. But I feel like this IS my home! 

Last month I received the wonderful opportunity to train a new missionary! Her name is Hermana Guevara. I am so grateful for all of the opportunities that I have to serve and learn!























Choosing to come on a mission has been the best decision of my life. Of course I had other options of what I could be doing with my life, but I am forever grateful that I had this option. 

Serving a mission isn't easy. I have learned to become REALLY humble. I am learning Spanish, and learning to fully serve others just as our Savior Jesus Christ did. Although sometimes it is difficult, and I don't always feel good enough; Sharing this message of our Savior Jesus Christ with others, and helping them become closer to him has brought me so much JOY.























"It is my prayer that you will experience a renewed and an expanded measure of the beautiful love of God in your lives; that you will find the faith, determination, and commitment to learn God's commandments, treasure them in your hearts, and live the gospel JOYFULLY. 
.....As you do so, you will be able to discover your best self--- Your real self. You will discover what it truly means to be a daughter of the everlasting God, the Lord of all righteousness."
-Dieter F. Uchtdorf  


I can say for myself that this statement is true. I have never felt happier in my life as I feel here serving the Lord. I have come to see who I really am. I have learned to experience real JOY. 




No comments:

Post a Comment